Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why I Prefer Glasses

After about 9 years of wearing glasses I finally got my first pair of contacts last November.  I have little problem with how they feel and it's nice to be able to finally wear sunglasses and be able to see.  Unfortunately, my self image becomes a bit... skewed when I'm wearing my contacts.  I've gotten so used to my glasses balancing my face out that when I'm not wearing them, I don't like what I see; it's just that I usually can't see.  That changes with contacts. Here, take a look through the lens of my self image.



Nothing perfect, but still a handsome fellow.  Notice how the beard outlines the face and isn't too obtrusive.
But enough about my amazing facial hair. This is about my face as a whole.  Now, let me take off those frames and spend the next 20 minutes gouging my eyes so I can look like this:

I feel so moon-faced without the crisp black outline of my glasses balancing my face. So if you were wondering why I haven't been wearing my contact lenses as much, this is a big reason. That, and I'm lazy. And I ran out of contact lens fluid. Also, this:



I have no idea how I my hands could get that dirty in the milliseconds it takes to pick up my contact lens. I don't even want to know what the green stuff is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment